Narrating The Beatles

Core Biographical Sources
Apple Corps Ltd. Anthology. San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 2000.
Davies, Hunter. The Beatles. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 1968. [2nd Rev edition, February, 2004.]
Gould, Jonathan. Can't Buy Me Love: The Beatles, Britain, and America. New York: Harmony Books, 2007.
Lewisohn, Mark. The Beatles: All These Years, Vol. 1.  New York: Crown Archetype, 2013.
Norman, Philip. Shout! The Beatles in Their Generation. New York: Fireside or MJF Books, 1981.
Spitz, Bob. The Beatles: The Biography. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2005.

Additional Sources
Babiuk, Andy.  Beatles Gear.  San Francisco: Backbeat Books, 2001. 
Badman, Keith.  The Beatles off the Record: Outrageous Opinions and Unrehearsed Interviews.  London: Omnibus Press, 2000. 
Barrow, Tony.  John, Paul, George, Ringo, & Me: The Real Beatles Story.  New York: Thunder’s Mouth Press, 2005. 
Bramwell, Tony with Rosemary Kingsland.  Magical Mystery Tours: My Life with the Beatles.  New York: Thomas Dunne Books, St. Martin’s Press, 2005. 
Brown, Peter and Steven Gaines. The Love You Make: An Insider's Story of the Beatles. New York: New American Library, 2002.
Coleman, Ray.  Lennon: The Definitive Biography.  London: Pan Books, 1995.
Dowlding, William J. Beatlesongs. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1989.
Emerick, Geoff with Howard Massey.  Here, There, and Everywhere: My Life Recording the Music of the Beatles.  New York: Gotham Books, 2006.
Everett, Walter. The Beatles as Musicians: Revolver through the Anthology. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
——. The Beatles as Musicians: The Quarry Men through Rubber Soul. New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.
Fujita, Tetsuya, Uji Hagino, Hajime Kubo, and Goro Sato. 1989. The Beatles Complete Scores. Milwaukee: Hal Leonard Corporation.
Giuliano, Geoffrey and Vrnda Devi. The Lost Beatles Interviews. New York: Cooper Square Press, 2002.
Hertsgaard, Mark. A Day in the Life: The Music and Artistry of the Beatles. New York: Delacorte Press, 1995.
Kozinn, Allan. The Beatles. London: Phaidon Press, Limited, 1995.
Lewisohn, Mark. The Complete Beatles Chronicle. New York: Hamlyn Books, 1992.
——. The Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Abbey Road Studio Session Notes, 1962-1970. New York: Harmony Books, 1988.
MacDonald, Ian. 1997. Revolution in the Head: The Beatles' Records and the Sixties. London: Pimlico.
Martin, George with Jeremy Hornsby.  All You Need Is Ears.  New York: St. Martin's Press, 1979.
Martin, George with William Pearson.  With a Little Help from My Friends: The Making of Sgt. Pepper.  Boston: Little, Brown, and Company, 1994.
Miles, Barry.  Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now.  New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1997.
——.  The Beatles: A Diary (Chris Charlesworth, editor).  London: Omnibus Press, 1998.
Norman, Philip. John Lennon: The Life.  New York: Ecco, 2008.
Pollack, Alan. Notes On..., 1996.
Pritchard, David and Alan Lysaght. The Beatles: An Oral History. New York: Hyperion, 1998.
Riley, Tim. Lennon: The Man, the Myth, the Music: The Definitive Life. New York: Hyperion, 2011.
Ryan, Kevin and Brian Kehew. 2006. Recording the Beatles: The Studio Equipment and Techniques Used to Create Their Classic Albums. Curvebender Publishing.
Sheff, David.  The Playboy Interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono (G. Barry Golson, editor).  New York: Playboy Press, 1981.
——.  All We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono.  New York: St. Martin’s Griffin, 2000. 
Thompson, Gordon.  Please Please Me: Sixties British Pop, Inside Out.  New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.
Unterberger, Richie.  The Unreleased Beatles: Music & Film.  San Francisco: Backbeat Books, 2006.
Wenner, Jann.  Lennon Remembers: The Rolling Stone Interviews.  San Francisco: Straight Arrow, 1970. 
Winn, John C. Way beyond Compare: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume One, 1957-1965. New York: Three Rivers Press, 2008.
——. That Magic Feeling: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume Two, 1966-1970. New York: Three Rivers Press, 2009.

Schedule | Home | Requirements

Edited 2 July, 2014