The Assistant Directors primary responsibility is to assist the director.
His/her duties will vary depending on the director's needs.
Possible duties might include:
- Assisting with auditions
- Attending design meetings
- Run business errands for the director during rehearsals, such as xeroxing, calling actors, etc.
- Taking notes for the director
- Privately offer artistic suggestions to the director throughout the rehearsal process
- At the director's suggestion, rehearsing actors with specific tasks
- Assisting the director during technical and dress rehearsals