The scene shop enables students to gain practical experience constructing and installing scenery.
Areas in which students work are carpentry and painting.
No previous experience is necessary.
Students should sign up for minimum two hour work sessions.
General Absence Policy: If you are unable to attend a contracted and scheduled work session, you must contact the technical director or assistant technical director. If you miss a scheduled call you will make up the assignment under specific guidelines.
To use the Scene Shop students must be familiar with and to observe these safety regulations governing their use. Violation of any safety working methods may cause the loss of the privilege and disciplinary action.
- You are not to operate equipment to which you have not been assigned and trained
- Eye protection is to be worn at all times by all individuals using power tools. Hearing and face masks are also available and are recommended for specific operations
- Good house keeping and clean and orderly work areas and equipment are fundamental to accident and fire prevention. Assigned work areas and equipment are to be cleaned and placed in order by each user at the end of each work period
- Shop facilities may not be used unless the technical director or delegated representative is on duty. There should be at least two individuals present at all times when the shop is in use
- All accidents, including minor injuries, and all hazardous conditions are to be immediately reported to the technical director or designated representative
- Hanging jewelry, ties, loose clothing and any apparel which is hazardous must not be worn while working in the scene shop, especially when operating machinery.
- Everyone must wear full shoes (not sandals)
- Long hair must be held back securely with a head band, hair tie, or net.
- APPROPRIATE MACHINE GUARDS ARE TO BE IN PLACE AND IN USE AT ALL POSSIBLE TIMES WHEN EQUIPMENT IS IN OPERATION
- Hand tools are to be used only for the purpose for which they were designed
- Defective tools must not be used and should be reported for repair or replacement
- No "Walkman" type head phones are to be worn while in the scene shop