Schedule time on campus!
The Synergy of Skidmore and Saratoga
When Skidmore built its new campus starting in the 1960s, the architects embraced the challenge to create an environment with "no walls or gates, for we want the world to enter."
In that spirit, we encourage the local community—as well as our students, faculty, and staff—to take advantage of the impressive roster of events and activities on campus. Skidmore offers some 800 events to the public each year, creating a vibrant campus environment that complements the rich cultural life of Saratoga Springs. Keep your eye on our calendar of events and check out the offerings of these popular campus destinations:
- Arthur Zankel Music Center: This state-of-the-art facility serves as the hub of musical activity on campus and as a performance space for a wide range of the arts. From Beatlemore Skidmania (the College’s wildly popular annual tribute to the Beatles), to Skidmore’s Carnegie Hall Premieres series, to talks by prominent writers, thinkers, and artists, the Zankel is a major cultural venue for the region.
- Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery: The Tang annually presents some 12 exhibitions that bring wide-ranging topics together in new and challenging ways and feature prominent contemporary artists. Many of the shows are curated by Skidmore faculty and students.
- Janet Kinghorn Bernhard Theater: Bernhard Theater is home of Skidmore’s Theater Department, a preprofessional program that offers students the opportunity to pursue the study of theater arts within a liberal arts setting. With its main auditorium and Black Box studio space, Bernhard presents a series of high-quality student performances each year, including original student works.
A Special Invitation to High School Students
- Pre-College Program in the Liberal and Studio Arts: This summer college experience is for high school students interested in exploring the liberal arts or studio arts. Students engage in college-level work in an area of academic interest and participate in evening and weekend events on campus and in the community.
- New York State Summer Young Writers Institute: This creative writing workshop for high school students is taught by nationally acclaimed writers of poetry, prose, and nonfiction and is enhanced by a full schedule of cultural and fun activities.
For more information on Skidmore and Saratoga, visit our community relations web site.