Each year, an independent selection committee of academics and international education experts is assembled to select the Undergraduate Scholarship grantees for study in Germany. Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year). Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance.
This committee is looking for students who:
- Are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany
- Are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year
- Possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation
- Are US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents thereof. Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian university for more than one year at the time of application and will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their Bachelor's degree
- Have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany
- German language competency is not mandatory
- Demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals
- Are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university
Skidmore Deadline-December 5, 2013
Institutional Deadline-January 31, 2014 (undergraduate) * projected deadlines
*Please view the website for deadlines for other types of DAAD funding.
Office of Academic Advising
For more information please visit:
**DAAD also offer graduate scholarships for highly qualified graduating seniors (fourth or final year of undergraduate students in Canada) or those who have received an undergraduate degree of all disciplines may apply for the DAAD Study Scholarship for a year of independent study or a full Master's degree program at a German university. Please see DAAD webpage for details.
Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian university for more than one year at the time of application and will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their Bachelor's degree.