2014 Senior Thesis Timeline
- Assess your registration for spring studio classes in relation to your goals for the senior thesis exhibition. Finalize your area/areas of concentration within the major. Remember that you can work in studios only in areas where you are enrolled.
- Establish the areas in which you will focus your efforts for the exhibition. You may present work from a single area or combine work from areas of depth and maturity. Combined work is most effective when you have strong bodies of work in each discipline. Stay focused; diffusing your efforts among too many areas will diminish the quality of all the work and the integrity of the exhibition.
- Talk with your advisor and faculty in your advanced studio courses about your goals for the exhibition and the means to work toward those goals.
- Establish contact with faculty to assist in your evaluation and preparation of your work.
- Complete the Student Information Exhibition Form.
- Select the work for exhibition. Hold additional work in reserve to give you flexibility during the installation process.
- Order presentation supplies.
|November 1 (Friday)||Signed Essay Mentor Forms (Hand in to Art Office)|
|December 6 (Friday)||Outline for Essay Completed|
|February 19 (Wednesday)||Senior Seminar Meeting #2|
|February 28 (Friday)||First Draft of Essay Completed|
|March 28 (Friday)||Student Exhibition Proposal Form Due - Art office by noon|
|April 11 (Friday)||Final Draft Essay due to Essay Mentor|
|April 16 (Wednesday)||Senior Seminar Meeting #3|
|April 28 (Monday) on or before||Final Essay due to Essay Mentor|
|April 28 (Monday)||Labeling information due;
Once labels are submitted, sign up to schedule installation.
|May 5 (Monday)||Bases available at the Tang|
|May 5 (Monday) 9 AM - 5 PM||Scheduled Installation|
|May 6 (Tuesday) 9 AM - 5 PM||Scheduled Installation|
|May 7 (Wednesday) 9 AM - 5 PM||Scheduled Installation|
|May 8 (Thursday) 10 AM – Noon||Grading by Department Faculty|
|May 9 (Friday) 6 PM – 8 PM||Opening Celebration|
|* May 18 (Sunday) by 5 PM||All work must be removed following commencement|
*Please Note: All work, including outdoor sculpture, remaining after Monday, May 19, will be discarded.