Parking Violation Appeal
If you wish to appeal a parking ticket, complete the Parking Ticket Appeal Form below. Decisions are typically emailed within two weeks of submission. If your appeal is accepted, you will be provided information about removal of monetary charges. Appeals will only be granted under extraordinary circumstances. All funds collected from parking tickets are allocated to programs that encourage a safe and responsible campus community.
- All appeals must be submitted within 10 days of being issued a ticket.
- Appeals will only be entertained if you, in fact, are NOT in violation of the policy.
- SCCR will not grant appeals based on other reasons. Examples include (but are not
- Being late to class
- Being unaware of Skidmore parking policies
- Having already received several parking tickets
- Difficulty paying the ticket
- Having to carry items
- The College will not reimburse towing charges.
- All appeal decisions are final.
As a reminder as to the campus parking policies, please review the following:
- Student residing in Sussman/Northwoods Apartments may only park in Sussman/Northwoods lots from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
- Parking is not allowed overnight (2am-7am in the following lots): Case, Dance Theater/Lodge, Harder Hall, North Hall, Palamountain, Perimeter Road Parallel Parking Spaces, Jonsson Tower Lot, and the Sports Center lot.
- Any car parked on campus must be in a designated parking space (between 2 lines marking the space for parking); not in a fire lane, not parked on/next to grass areas, not in "no parking" areas, not in handicap zones (without appropriate State-issued permit), etc.
- All vehicles must be registered. If you register your vehicle online, please print the confirmation page and leave it on your dashboard until you receive your parking sticker in the mail.