Parking Ticket Forgiveness Quiz
Students who receive their first Skidmore College Parking Ticket may be able to have the ticket canceled in exchange for successfully completing a quiz on the Skidmore Parking and Driving On Campus Rules and Regulations, if they do so within 10 business days of the ticket’s issuance. This quiz cannot be used if you were issued a ticket for Fire Lanes, Handicap Zones, Grass Areas, and other tickets issued to protect the safety of the greater community.
In order to have the ticket forgiven, you must receive an 80% or better on the quiz.
We envision the quiz opportunity as part of our existing appeals process. Students deemed ineligible for cancellation via successful quiz completion will still have the opportunity to appeal any ticket, as has always been the case.
The information that students who take the quiz will need to know is available on our website, primarily in the Rules & Regulations section on the Campus Safety website.
The quiz can be taken HERE.
Parking Violation Appeal
If you wish to appeal a parking ticket, complete the Parking Ticket Appeal Form below. Decisions are typically emailed within two weeks of submission. If your appeal is accepted, you will be provided information about removal of monetary charges. Appeals will only be granted under extraordinary circumstances. All funds collected from parking tickets are allocated to programs that encourage a safe and responsible campus community.
- All appeals must be submitted within 10 days of being issued a ticket.
- Appeals will only be entertained if you, in fact, are NOT in violation of the policy.
- SCCR will not grant appeals based on other reasons. Examples include (but are not
- Being late to class
- Being unaware of Skidmore parking policies
- Having already received several parking tickets
- Difficulty paying the ticket
- Having to carry items
- The College will not reimburse towing charges.
- All appeal decisions are final.
As a reminder as to the campus parking policies, please review the following:
- Student residing in Sussman/Northwoods Apartments may only park in Sussman/Northwoods lots from 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
- Parking is not allowed overnight (2am-7am in the following lots): Case, Dance Theater/Lodge, Harder Hall, North Hall, Palamountain, Perimeter Road Parallel Parking Spaces, Jonsson Tower Lot, and the Sports Center lot.
- Any car parked on campus must be in a designated parking space (between 2 lines marking the space for parking); not in a fire lane, not parked on/next to grass areas, not in "no parking" areas, not in handicap zones (without appropriate State-issued permit), etc.
- All vehicles must be registered. If you register your vehicle online, please print the confirmation page and leave it on your dashboard until you receive your parking sticker in the mail.
Parking policies/violations can be found HERE.
Please use this link to make an appeal.