Restorative Justice Network of Catholic Campuses
Recognizing a natural alignment between the philosophy of restorative justice and the guiding ideals of the Catholic social tradition, the RJNCC encourages Catholic campuses to articulate and cultivate restorative principles and to assist each other in strengthening interest, commitment, and implementation of restorative practices on their campuses.
The RJNCC promotes...
- Community-building circles practices in classrooms, residential life, athletics, and student organizations;
- Community-concern circles to improve campus climate, particularly around conflicts regarding race, religion, gender, and the red/blue political divide;
- Restorative responses to student misconduct, including binge drinking, academic dishonesty, bias incidents, sexual misconduct, and intimate partner violence;
- Restorative responses to faculty and staff misconduct and conflict that create a hostile workplace environment;
- Civic engagement, including campus support, internships, and community engaged learning for community-based and prison-based RJ initiatives and in K-12 schools.
- Scholarship on the theory and practice of RJ and the convergence of RJ philosophy and Catholic social thought.
RJNCC Planning Team
- Sara Kitchen, Professor of Criminal Justice, Chestnut Hill College
- Daniel Kelly, Assistant Director of Student Life for Student Conduct, Loyola University Maryland
- Desiree Anderson, Director of the Intercultural Center, Saint Mary's College of California
- William Fischer, Vice President of Student Development, University of Dayton
- Susan Sharpe, Advisor for Restorative Justice, Center for Social Concerns, University of Notre Dame
- Sean Horrigan, Director of University Centers and Staff Development, University of San Diego
- Jenna Silver, Conflict Resolution Coordinator, Loyola University Chicago
- Sheila McMahon, Assistant Professor of Social Work, Barry University
- Elizabeth Linehan, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Saint Joseph's University
- David Karp, Professor of Sociology, Skidmore College
Download our ONE PAGE FLYER about the RJNCC
Join our RJNCC GOOGLE GROUP for discussion and updates
An Overview of RJ at the University of San Diego...
A Good Introduction to RJ and Christian Thought...