Information for Students
Placement diagnostic for 100-level chemistry courses
All students interested in taking chemistry are required to take the online placement diagnostic before they can register for a chemistry course.
From the Skidmore Course Catalog
Chemistry Course Descriptions
Chemistry Major requirements
Chemistry Major with ACS certification checklist
Chemistry Minor requirements
Suggested Course Sequences for Chemistry Majors
Click that link to see when you should take courses
Chem Club meets provides space for students to organize social and professional activities for those intersted in chemsitry. Contact Katie Shi President of Chem Club, for more information.
Department Student Representative is Sampriti Thapa.
Chemistry Reference Information
Chemical Information databases (journal searching, including ACS, SciFinder, Science Direct, and Web of Science)
Chemical Information reference books (including CRC handbook)
Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC)
Students interested in medical, dental, or veterinary graduate programs click here.
Organizations including those listed below offer conferences, workshops, career development resources, and networking opportunities to a wide range of chemists and other scientists.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Chemical Society Eastern New York Section (ENYACS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
- Association for Women in Science (AWiS)
- Biophysical Society (BPS)
- Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- International Union of Crystallography (IUCr)
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- Iota Sigma Pi (National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS)
- Phi Lambda Upsilon (National Chemistry Honor Society)