Information for Students
First-year chemistry courses
Enrollment in all 100-level chemistry courses is determined by the Chemistry Diagnostic Exam. All students interested in taking chemistry are required to take the diagnostic exam.
We offer a wide variety of courses in all levels of chemistry. Click here to learn more about our course offerings.
Click here to learn more about the course requirements for students majoring in chemistry.
Are you interested in obtaining a chemistry minor? Click here to learn more about the course requirements for a chemistry minor.
Click here learn more about the requirements for obtaining an ACS certified degree.
Suggested Course Sequences for Majors
Click here for suggested four-year course schedules for majoring in chemistry or chemistry with biochemistry concentration.
Click here to read about work that is being conducted in the department. If you find a group that you would like to know more about, contact the faculty member directly.
Department Student Representatives
The department representatives are Ariel Alperstein and Daniel Lesko.
Chem Club meets every other week at 6:30pm in the Dana Atrium. If interested, contact the co-presidents Jen Harfmann and Ariel Alperstein or visit the Chemistry Club Homepage.
Click here for links to all chemistry-related resources available in the Scribner library, including online journals.
Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC)
For students interested in medical, dental, or veterinary graduate programs click here.
Organizations including those listed below offer conferences, workshops, career development resources, and networking opportunities to a wide range of chemists and other scientists.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Chemical Society Eastern New York Section
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
- Association for Women in Science (AWiS)
- Biophysical Society (BPS)
- Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- International Union of Crystallography (IUCr)
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- Iota Sigma Pi (National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS)
- Phi Lambda Upsilon (National Chemistry Honor Society)