Skidmore Cares builds upon Skidmore's heritage of responsible citizenship with a program through which faculty, staff, and students work together to assist area families in need during the holiday season. Initiated by President and Mrs. Glotzbach, Skidmore Cares is a component of the annual Holiday Open House at the President's House. The program collects food items and funds in support of local food banks and agencies, and donates school supplies to area schools.
- Web site
- Contact: Robert Kimmerle, director of community relations, Skidmore, 518-580-5744, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Community Service Programs identifies volunteer opportunities in the community and initiates service programs. The office coordinates student efforts to meet volunteer needs in the pubic and private sectors, providing approximately 700 student volunteers to some 40 nonprofit organizations each year, and works with a range of programs, including:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Special Olympics
- Saratoga Mentoring
- Smart Adventures at Lake Avenue School
- After-School Tutoring at Caroline Street School
- Sponsor a Scholar
- Web site
- Contact: Michelle Hubbs, director of community service programs, 580-5763, email@example.com
Benef-Action, Skidmore's student volunteer club, is dedicated to serving Skidmore students and the Saratoga community by publicizing volunteer opportunities and facilitating community-service experiences for students. As stated on the Benef-Action web site, "We believe that volunteerism and community activism are essential components to the growing and learning processes. We are here as a resource and philanthropic organization to build strong relationships in order to connect Skidmore students with the world beyond."
- Contact: Michelle Hubbs, director of community service programs, 580-5784, firstname.lastname@example.org