Student Affairs Co-Sponsorship Guidelines for Student-Initiated Events
You may also be interested in:
The following are recommendations for student affairs offices to enable clarity and consistency in our response to requests for event co-sponsorship. As guidelines, they are simply suggestions, not requirements, and exceptions are to be expected.
- The proposed co-sponsored event should be consistent with the mission and goals of the office/department being solicited.
- Requests for event co-sponsorship should be honored only if submitted by a chartered club, organization, academic department or other administrative office.
- Requests for co-sponsorship should be made in writing (email is acceptable).
- Co-sponsorship requests should include a financial plan that describes the total cost of the event and how office/department contributions are to be allocated.
- Acceptable co-sponsorship contributions are generally $50 per office/department, per event.
- If there is a compelling reason for additional funding, requests should be made to the Dean of Student Affairs.