Fees, Scholarship & Refund Policy
Tuition and Fees
A non-refundable application fee of $60 is required to apply. Tuition for the 2015 two-week program is $1,835; room and board on campus is an additional $812. Students from the local area are welcome to commute.
Scholarship Assistance — April 15, 2015 deadline for applications
The Institute has a small number of partial scholarships—available in the form of tuition remission—for promising students who might not otherwise be able to attend. To apply for a partial scholarship, please fax (518-580-5548) or e-mail (email@example.com) the following information to Wendy Kercull by April 15, 2015. PLEASE NOTE: This information MUST be submitted by the April 15th application deadline in order for your request to be considered.
- A letter requesting scholarship assistance. Please tell us how much financial aid you believe you need in order to participate in the program, and note any unusual family circumstance or other facts you want us to consider.
- A copy of pages 1 and 2 of your (or your parents') most recent federal tax return.
- A list of additional income not shown on the tax return (ie. child support, alimony, social security).
All scholarship applications will be considered on an individual basis. Requests for financial aid will not affect admission decisions. For questions, please contact Maria McColl, Office of the Dean of Special Programs, Skidmore College, at 518-580-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application fees will not be refunded.
Because faculty and staff salary commitments must be made in advance and the costs of plant operations are fixed, the College must follow a very limited refund policy. Details of this policy as it relates to tuition, room, and board follow. Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Program Director or the Dean of Special Programs.
If Skidmore College cancels a program, all fees will be refunded.
- Tuition payments (less $500 non-refundable deposit) will be refunded if requested, in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 100% of the room fee will be refunded if the student decides not to attend Skidmore and so notifies the Program Director thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 50% of the room fee will be refunded if withdrawal from the program occurs after this time and before the program begins. The room fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws on or after the first day of the program.
- 100% of the board fee will be refunded prior to the program start date. Withdrawal from the College after the start of any program shall entitle the student to a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of the board fee from the date of withdrawal.