Application & Audition
Please read this entire page for instructions on how to apply before continuing on to the online application.
Institute Dates: July 10 – 23, 2016
Application Review and Deadline: The deadline for applications is March 15, 2016 and applicants will be notified of their acceptance status on or before April 15, 2016.
Eligibility: Young musicians, whose ability level ranges from intermediate to advanced, and are ages 15 and up will be required to submit:
- A completed online application
- A $60 application fee
- An audition recording (video strongly preferred, audio accepted – notes follow below)
- An audition video of yourself answering the following questions: Who inspires you musically and why? Describe your most memorable musical experience? What are your expectations for this program? How did you hear about DSCMI? Please be as specific as possible.
- A one-page document of your past chamber music experience (including repertoire studied and performed)
- A former or current teacher's name and e-mail address. We will contact them directly to ask for your recommendation.
Notes for audition recording: Strings may submit, for example, a movement of a sonata or concerto, and a movement of solo Bach. Piano may submit, for example, a movement of a sonata or concerto, and a showpiece. Winds/Brass may submit, for example, one movement each of a sonata and a concerto. Recordings should be unedited, cued to proper starting point and files must be labeled with your full name and item description.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa. If you are an international student applying to the summer program please view International Student Visa Info.