Application & Audition
Please read this entire page for instructions on how to apply before continuing on to the online application.
Institute Dates: July 12 – 25, 2015
Application Review and Deadline: Application review began February 15, 2015. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2015 and applicants will be notified of their acceptance status on or before May 1, 2015.
Eligibility: Young musicians, whose ability level ranges from intermediate to advanced, and are ages 15 and up will be required to submit:
- A completed online application
- A $60 application fee
- An audition recording (video strongly preferred, audio accepted – notes follow below)
- An audition video of yourself answering the following questions: Who inspires you musically and why? Describe your most memorable musical experience? What are your expectations for this program?
- A one-page document of your past chamber music experience (including repertoire studied and performed)
- A former or current teacher's name and e-mail address. We will contact them directly to ask for your recommendation.
Notes for audition recording: Strings may submit, for example, a movement of a sonata or concerto, and a movement of solo Bach. Piano may submit, for example, a movement of a sonata or concerto, and a showpiece. Winds/Brass may submit, for example, one movement each of a sonata and a concerto. Recordings should be unedited, cued to proper starting point and files must be labeled with your full name and item description.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa. If you are an international student applying to the summer program please view International Student Visa Info.
Complete Your Online Application Today!