The Education and Psychology Departments have approved the following guidelines for
a concentration in Psychology:
A core of four courses:
- PS 101- Introduction to Psychological Science
- PS 202- Research Methods in Psychology I
- One elective course in Psychology at the 200 level.
- Plus: PS 303- Research Methods in Psychology II or one course from the following list: PS 304, PS 305B, PS 314, PS 320, PS 325, PS 327, PS 330
- Two elective courses in Psychology at the 300 level.
Students interested in exploring a major in Psychology rather than a concentration
should consult with a member of the Psychology Department.
Education Majors may not count PS 207 Introduction to Child Development toward the Education Studies major.
ED 200 Child Development and Learning does not count as an elective toward the Psychology major or Psychology concentration.