Help pave the way for future students majoring in the sciences.
• With the support of the Fred L. Emerson Foundation
we are excited to announce a $500,000 challenge,
matching all gifts and pledges dollar-for-dollar
• All funds raised directly support the new Center for
Integrated Sciences (CIS)
• Only alumni who majored in nursing or a science
discipline are eligible, including: biology, chemistry,
computer science, environmental studies and
sciences, exercise science, geosciences, mathematics,
neuroscience, physics, or psychology
Skidmore science alumni, you have a unique opportunity to help make the Center for Integrated Sciences (CIS) a reality.
We are excited to announce that with the support of the Fred L. Emerson Foundation, all gifts and pledges made to the CIS will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $500,000.
This Emerson Foundation Challenge comes at a critical time for the CIS project and represents a vote of confidence in the College and in our many science alumni who started their paths to success at Skidmore. With the potential to raise a total of $1 million, alumni can double the impact of their gift.
Help us support the sciences at Skidmore.
Your gift or pledge, made by November 30, 2017, will be matched dollar-for-dollar. All donors to the Emerson Foundation Challenge will be recognized on our donor wall of recognition.
To learn more about individual naming opportunities, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Advancement at (518) 580-5660.
The CIS is the single largest academic initiative in Skidmore's history. The project
will cost $120 million and will bring together more than 90 faculty from cross-disciplines
within a 200,000 square foot state of the art space.
About the Fred L. Emerson Foundation
Fred L. Emerson moved to Auburn, New York, in 1904 to take a position as an order clerk at Dunn and McCarthy, a women’s shoe manufacturer. He remained at the company for the next 44 years, retiring as president in 1948. As the company grew, Fred came to understand the opportunity he was afforded to shape the community in which he lived and worked. In 1932, he established the Foundation "to codify his personal giving and to ensure its longevity beyond his lifetime."
In over 80 years, the foundation has granted more than $120 million to support a range of services including community development, education, health and human services, parks and recreation, performing arts, and preservation.
To learn more about the Center for Integrated Sciences click here.