Accomplishments - 2013
David Nicholson – Assistant Director, Facilities
- Skidmore College support of Saratoga 150
- Continued redevelopment of Preventative Maintenance Program
- Facilities Operational Budget Compliance
Richard Mickus, Custodial Operations and Paint Shop Manager
- Support 365 (Special Programs) during the summer June –August, having over 3,000 on campus residence hall occupants and 10,000 off campus visitors.
- Support about 3,200 events and set-ups per year.
- Clean and prepare apartments and dorm rooms for returning students, at times preparing 50 apartments (200 bedrooms) or 150 dorm rooms within a 24 hour time period.
- Shampooed carpet in all classrooms during winter break.
- Painted all dorm hallways, and painted and patched most all dorm rooms.
- Patched and painted 245 apartments.
- Painted outside areas such as sign posts, hydrants, doors, overhead walk ways, offices
Suzanne Coonradt, Maintenance Manager
- Took over the Supervision of the Maintenance Department in February 2013
- New training for Preventative Maintenance Program 50% complete
- Initiated job training for Maintenance Department
Randall Wright, Mechanical Trades Supervisor
- Major rebuild of air handler system in Kimball Hall, without any major disruption to students.
Gary LaChance, Carpenters Supervisor
- Completed approximately 4500 work orders.
- Hired two new carpenters due to retirements.
- Carpenters completed technical training on the programing of the electronic swipe locks.
Larry Evanchick, Project Manager
- Renovation of President’s Suite of offices in Palamountain Hall.
- Dana 241 chemistry lab – new construction.
- Renovation of Scribner Carriage House and addition of a new patio.
- Construction of new Anthropology labs and offices.
Jonathan Howard, Project Manager
- Completed renovation of Barrett Center.
- Built new First Responder's Lab in Exercise Science.
- Continued with classroom renovations; completed next phase of classroom renovations (11 classrooms).
- Created new Cell Culture Lab for Exercise Science.
- Replacement of operable windows in Penfield Hall 1st floor.