AlcoholEdu for College --Click here for instructions
The faculty and staff of Skidmore College share your exceptional vision and ambition for all aspects of your life, in and out of the classroom. Your personal and professional development, and that of your peers, is the cornerstone of a partnership that will last during your years here and beyond. It is an exciting journey on which we embark together.
As you well know, alcohol is a significant issue in the lives of students in both high school and college and throughout our lives. Whether you abstain from alcohol entirely or not, it is an influence in our lives and in the lives of our family and friends. Skidmore has joined together with many top schools in the country in adopting AlcoholEdu for College as a component of our alcohol prevention initiative. This is not an over-simplified, lecture style diatribe about the use of alcohol. It is a thoughtful, educated, and educating program for adults committed to thinking about their life choices.
Your physical and emotional health, now and throughout your life, will serve as a critical foundation for the greatness that your intellect and creativity afford you. And, as always, your commitment to yourself comes with a shared commitment to the health and welfare of others. Just as you have throughout your life, you will have a special opportunity to impact the lives of your peers in positive and productive ways, and we are committed to helping you do so in any way that we can.
To this end, we require every new incoming Skidmore student to take AlcoholEdu for College.
- You may access the course beginning on Thursday August 1st
- You will need to complete Part 1 (approximately 2-3 hours) by August 27, 2013
- Approximately 30 later, you will receive an automated email asking you to complete the course. At this time, you will need to log in again to complete Part 2 (approximately 15 minutes).
- NOTE: Only once you’ve finished Part 2 have you completed the program.
To take the course, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have access to a computer, you can use any publicly available computer with Internet access.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that offer you feedback on your alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; Skidmore will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will NEVER see any individual student's answers.
Skidmore College is deeply committed to the greatest health and welfare, and ultimate success and happiness, of all of our members. I hope that you enjoy the course.
Skidmore has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and financial literacy in high schools and higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 1/2 million students complete AlcoholEdu for College - their online, non-opinionated, science-based alcohol abuse prevention course.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Skidmore will expect each member of the first-year class and all incoming transfer students to complete AlcoholEdu. Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
To fulfill Skidmore’s requirement you must achieve the following:
- Complete the Final Exam with a 75% or higher
- Complete Part 1 (approx. 2-3 hours) by: August 27, 2013
- Complete Part 2 (approx. 15 min) by: October 29, 2013
Students who do not meet the specified deadlines will be unable to register for classes for the spring semester.
EverFi Login Instructions
1. Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
2. Enter your AlcoholEdu for College Registration Code:C195526A
If you already have an EverFi higher education account go to the above URL and click Log In. Once signed in, go to your settings to add the Registration Code.
Note:When prompted, please enter your 7 digit Skidmore ID number to ensure you receive credit for completion.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings. Sections end with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience technical difficulties, click the “Help” button to access the 24/7 help center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
If you have questions or encounter technical difficulties, please contact Kim Devore,
Skidmore’s Prevention Coordinator at email@example.com