National Student Philanthropy Day
February 11, 2015
On February 11, students can show their gratitude to our donors by writing thank-you notes at designated locations across campus. Stop by a table and you can:
- get a photo with Lucy Skidmore Scribner
- pay it forward: make your Senior Gift
- sign a thank you card for a donor
- learn more about philanthropy at Skidmore
- enjoy the delicious brownie bar
Share your experience using #ThanksLucy and we might feature you on the website!
Join other students, faculty, and staff at one of the following locations:
- Dining Hall Atrium - 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Case Center - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Check out the photos from a previous Student Philanthropy Day:
Did you know?
- The athletic program is supported by over $250,000 in annual donations from alumni, parents, and friends of the College.
- The Williamson Sports Center was named for Susan Kettering Williamson '59, the College’s longest-serving trustee and a long-time advocate for athletics at Skidmore.
- The Filene-Ladd family has supported the Filene Scholars, Filene Hall, Ladd Concert Hall in Zankel Music Center, and many other initiatives.
- Is the Tang your thang? Each year, more than 200 alumni, parents, and friends support the Tang and its programs.
- The Arthur Zankel Music Center was funded by the estate of Arthur Zankel,a longtime Skidmore trustee, friend, and parent of Kenny '82, and Jimmy '92.
- When you see names on the signs, programs, and elsewhere, remember there are people behind those names who care about Skidmore and especially about you.
- Without the generosity of donors, tuition would increase nearly 22%. (That’s over $12,000!)
- Skidmore provides need based financial support for 1170 students.
- Skidmore College sits on land purchased in 1960 by trustee and parent J. Erik Jonsson for $120,000.
- Eighteen Skidmore faculty/staff members currently hold Endowed Chair positions established through the generous gifts from Skidmore donors.
- Thanks to Donald Sussman, parent of Emily '04, Emily’s Garden serves vegan and vegetarian meals.