Skids on the Loose
Photo Contest Rules
Who is eligible to enter?
- The Skids on the Loose Photo Contest is open to Skidmore students and alumni.
- Request your Skids today!
- Skids will be passed out on campus to students / mailed to Alumni on December 12th.
- All photo entries must be submitted by midnight Friday, January 23, 2015, for consideration.
- Starting January 24th, vote for your favorite Skids on the Loose in each category by midnight January 29th.
- Contest winners announced January 30th.
- CTM Skids – Whether it's creating a piece of art, or making a breakthrough in science – Creative Thought Matters! Show us how CTM is a part of your everyday life.
- Skids @ Work – Whether you're out in the garden, at your desk, or getting ready for a new direction in life, put Skids to work! We want to see Skids taking part in your labor of love!
- Skids Spirit – Deck Skids out in the Yellow and Green and show your Skidmore pride – GO THROUGHBREDS!
- Skids & Kids – Nothing cuter than to see Skids with a Kid! Share your photos of future Skidmore alumni and their new best friend!
- Sightseeing Skids – Over 60% of Skidmore students study abroad learning how to be better global citizens, and we know our alumni, parents and friends love to travel, too! Snap a photo of Skids on your adventure over Winter Break!
Don't have your own stuffed Skids? Download your own Digi-Skids to add to your photo!
How do I submit a photo?
Post your photo one of the four ways below. Be sure to let us know which category your picture is being submitted for!
Post your picture to the Skidmore College Facebook Page
Tweet your picture using the hash tag #SkidsOnTheLoose
Post your picture on Instagram and include the hash tag #SkidsOnTheLoose
Email your photos to Jessica Cellini.
PLEASE NOTE: If any of your social media accounts are private we are UNABLE to see your pictures and include you in the contest! Please submit your photos one of the other three ways or make your account public for the duration of the contest.
Contact Jessica Cellini in Alumni Affairs and College Events.
Want to spread the joy of hanging out with Skids? Why not pass him along to a fellow Skiddie to add to Skids' wonderful winter break! (Optional and at your own expense.)
What do I win?
You're all winners! You now have your very own Skids to love and cherish for the rest of his days.
Each category will have a "people's choice" winner - 5 (five) total winners. Each winner will receive great Skidmore gear donated by Alumni Affairs and College Events.
- Photos must be the original work of the entrant. They must not plagiarize from anyone or infringe a copyright or trademark, violate anybody’s rights, and not be libelous or otherwise unlawful or misleading.
- In submitting this photo, you grant Skidmore College a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to your submission, which includes without limitation the right for Skidmore College to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, and publicly display the photo in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed. Photos that have been entered into other contests, or have been published elsewhere (newspapers, magazines, online, etc.) are not eligible.
- Photos may not include a watermark or other mark indicating photographer's identity.
- Photos must be digital.
- All photo entries will become property of Skidmore College and can be used for at any time.
- All submissions should meet a standard of taste and propriety; photos that do not will not be considered.