Health Services has a clinical nutritionist available for students requiring nutritional
counseling for various reasons, either by medical referral or individual request,
such as for general nutrition information or dietary evaluation.
1. Nutritional assessment based on:
- Diet History
- Medical History
- Anthrometric Measurements (Height, Weight, Ideal Body Weight Range)
- Caloric Requirements
- Body Mass Index
- Use of Supplementation
- Nutritional-Related Lab Results
- Activity Level
4. Follow Up
Examples of situations which might require nutritional intervention include:
- Food Allergies, Intolerances, Sensitivities, or Restrictions
- Disordered Eating Patterns or Eating Disorders
- Weight Control Modalities
- Dietary Evaluations for Vegetarian or Vegan Diets
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Vitamin/Mineral Deficiencies
- Sports Nutrition
In addition to the above, students might seek the advice of a nutritionist for basic nutrition information, meal planning, and food budgeting.
Call 518-580-5550 to make an appointment.