Honors Forum

HF371 and HF372


Currently, Honors students may do independent study work at the 200-level, but we have provided no opportunity for junior and senior Honors Forum and other highly qualified students to work independently above and beyond what is typical in 300-level independent studies. Junior and senior members of the student body who are exceptionally qualified to do independent research with a faculty member at a very high level of investigation would do so in HF371/372 and receive Honors Forum credit for the completed work.


This independent study carries variable (typically one) credit. The student matriculating in the independent study with the consent of the faculty member overseeing the independent study will include in the proposal to the Honors Council the number of credits and the rationale (typically, one hour/week = one credit except in studio art and laboratory science, where two hours/week = one credit).