The decision is yours - to get a degree, or an education! A student that combines the skills developed through co-curricular involvement and the knowledge gained in the classroom, will be better prepared to explore and develop their total potential. Skidmore College as a part of its educational mission supports and encourages participation in co-curricular activities as an integral part of liberal arts education. One advantage of our community is the diverse and endless possibilities for involvement. Whether you wish to explore a new activity, widen your circle of friends, or promote knowledge of a cause, there is probably an organization in existence to suit your needs.
What are the Benefits?
- Self development and personal growth
- Expand your circle of friends
- Balance for your academic life - FUN!
- Valuable campus and community contacts
- Employment advantage after graduation
- Sense of achievement and recognition for your hard work
- Enjoyment the activity itself
To the College
- Involved and informed student
- Resources to address issues and concerns
- Joint partnerships between students, faculty and staff
- Institutional pride
To the Community
- Valuable services performed
- College graduates with leadership qualities and abilities
- Future leaders with knowledge, skills and integrity
Making intentional choices about your involvement to practice and experiment with Leadership!