The Office of Leadership Activities and the Student Government Association (SGA) work in collaboration to support the efforts of upwards of 100 registered student clubs each year. Student Organizations contribute powerfully to the vibrant co-curricular life of Skidmore College and represent an incredibly diverse array of community interests. Leadership Activities advises student organizations, sets policy and distributes funds, while the SGA provides much of the funding allocation and political representation for these groups.
Privileges and Responsibilities
Registered student clubs are entitled to ...
- Official recognition as an Skidmore student club (recognition does not imply legal sponsorship or approval)
- Access to advising and Leadership Activities
- Access to any SGA allocated funds
- Ability to sponsor events using college facilities, in accordance with established procedures
- Publicity and links on the SGA website
- Participate in and recruit members at the bi-annual Club Fair
- Purchase some items, tax-exempt, for club purposes, thru the SGA Financial Coordinator
- Request on-campus services
- Fundraising for a cause
- Use of an organization mail box
Registered organizations are expected to ...
- Meet deadlines pertaining to club registration and funding
- Update contact information with Leadership Activities and SGA as necessary
- Maintain a current constitution/charter
- Plan & conduct activities that further the group's purpose as stated in your constitution & Mission statements
- Conduct business in accordance with the Skidmore Honor Code
- Follow SGA Financial guidelines and regulations
- Register all events with the Office of Leadership Activities
- Adhere to college policies and procedures
- Adhere to the NY State Anti-hazing Law
- All organizations should ensure that their individual members and guests observe all local, state and federal laws as well as all Skidmore College policies and procedures
- Per Federal Law, Membership in organizations must be open to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual preference, age, marital status, citizenship or handicap. (SA-302).