Revised Fall 2011
D. Change of Applied Music Teacher
- Although the department discourages capricious change of teachers, students have the right to a change of teacher.
- Students desiring a change of teacher should take the following steps:
- Approach the teacher with whom they wish to study, and be prepared to explain why they wish to change.
- The teacher who has been approached by the student can ascertain if the student's reasons for a change seem valid and speak with the current teacher about the situation, and then decide whether or not to take the student.
- In the event of a change of teacher, it is the student's responsibility to inform their current teacher of this change.
- The student must obtain a "Change of Teacher" form from the music department secretary in Zankel 111. Signatures of both instructors are required. The form should then be submitted to the music department secretary.
- Students may not take lessons off-campus for credit.