Occupational and Environmental Safety

Accident Reporting Responsibilities

Your Responsibilities and Workers Compensation:
• Report your injury to your Supervisor no matter how minor the injury.

• If immediate medical treatment is required, seek treatment at Urgent Care/Wilton Medical Arts or Saratoga Hospital Emergency Room. If transportation is required contact Campus Safety at x5566.

• Any follow-up medical treatment must be sought or managed through:
Corporate Health Services (Malta Medical)
2388 Route 9 • Mechanicville (South of Exit 12 off the Northway • Corner of Route 9 & Knabner Rd)
Phone: (518) 886-5412
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
for the first 30 days following a work related injury. Malta Medical Arts may authorize you to seek treatment from another physician, but they will continue to manage your case.

• Inform your treating physician that the College’s Workers Compensation insurance carrier is PMA Management Corp. Local pharmacies generally bill PMA directly for prescriptions filled related to your injury. Should they require you to pay at the time of purchase submit your receipts to Human Resources. Reimbursement will be sent to you directly from PMA.

• If your physician determines you’re unable to work, provide written medical documentation to Human Resources and your supervisor
• Contact your supervisor at least once a week throughout your absence to advise him/her of your progress.

• Inform your treating physician that Skidmore College has a modified work program and may be able to make accommodations for any restrictions.

• Inform your supervisor when your physician will release you to return to work.

• Should you remain out of work beyond eligibility for supplemental pay by the College, you will be responsible to make all union dues/copayments directly to your Union.

Skidmore College’s Responsibilities:
• Your Supervisor will work with you to complete an Accident Report of your workplace injury, and will submit it to the Human Resources department.

• Human Resources will, if applicable, submit the claim to the College’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance carrier who will set up a claim and assign a case number.

• Human Resources will provide you with the case number to share with your medical provider for ease in submitting bills and medical documentation.

Pay for Lost Work Time:

Depending on the length of time you are unable to work, you may be eligible to receive all or part of your regular salary from the College. Human Resources will advise you of your eligibility and guide you through the process should you need assistance.

Should you have questions or need additional information please contact Janet Wood (primary contact) at extension 5803.