Several Skidmore faculty members have successfully led travel seminars abroad. Travel seminars are short trips—9 days to 3 weeks—for students led by one or two Skidmore instructors. OCSE works with the faculty to guide and support you through the various phases of preparation and implementation. You will work with OCSE at all stages to ensure careful collaboration and coordination.
Once on-site, faculty directors are expected to take on a variety of roles that are outside the typical on-campus responsibilities. Fear not – this is a collaborative effort. OCSE will assist you at all stages of the process.
The following materials and information should be used to develop and submit a proposal
to OCSE for a future travel seminar.
- Expression of Intent (60kb - MS Word)
- Expression of Intent (PDF)
- Proposal Form (81kb - MS Word)
- Proposal Form (PDF)
- Criteria and Procedures (71kb - MS Word)
- Criteria and Procedures (PDF)
- Budget Proposal Worksheet (36kb - MS Excel)
- Budget Proposal Worksheet (PDF)
- Travel Seminar Faculty Handbook (453kb - PDF)
- Current and past travel seminars
Please contact Lisa Hobbs or Cori Filson in OCSE with any questions.