Práctica Como Monitora en el Aula de Medio Ambiente en el Jardín Botánico
Internship at the Botanical Gardens of Alcalá in the Environmental Education Department
- Environmental monitor for visiting school groups: facilitate activities
- Map a section of the gardens
- Teach other monitors activities that I Know
- Help develope teaching models
Práctica en un Partido Político Español
Internship with the PSOE
- Researching and comparing the political campaigns in Spain and the United States.
- Working with the assessor of the party, analysing the different motions that the party brings, which are passed or rejected and why.
- Working with the media and the interactions between them and the parties.
Práctica En Producción De Teatro
Internship in Theater Production
- Selling tickets for performances (box office)
- Set up for shows
- General Theater maintenance ( i.e. painting the stage)
- Helping, interacting with audience/public
- Assisting with general preparation for performances by visiting companies
- Translating for a British Theatre Company (Uninvited Guests) throughout the run of the show (basically intermediating between designers and the English- speaking company).
Práctica en Unicef
Internship with UNICEF
The internship is at the local office of Unicef, in Alcalá de Henares. The main goals
of this office are to collect funds, through events such as charity dinners, auctions,
and sporting events (soccer matches, golf tournaments, etc.), to be invested in Unicef's
efforts in other parts of the world. These programs include educational outreach,
gender equity initiatives, support for mothers and their children, and health education
My job in the office varies depending upon the needs of a given day. It includes clerical work, educating myself about Unicef's progress, helping to organize and then attend charity events. When members of the office participate in lectures or discussions, it is my job to record data concerning these events for the office archives. Also, to supplement the work assigned to me in the office. I would like to compile a small book of drawings and writing samples of local school children that the office can later sell, for the benefit of Unicef.
Práctica en Escuela de Arte
Internship in Teaching Art
My internship consists of assisting with art classes/workshops, instructing children ages 4-12. I help set up and clean up the classes as well as develop projects for the kids to do. I explain to them colour techniques and drawing methods. I assist a professor with several different classes.