Internal Mail Pick Up and Delivery
Administrative offices receive delivery once a day. At that time, the outgoing mail will also be picked up. To help facilitate getting your mail processed in a timely fashion, we ask that your outgoing mail be prepared as follows:
- Please have all mail facing in the same direction.
- Please have the flaps up if they have to be sealed.
- Separate your outgoing meter mail as follows:
- domestic (within the U.S.)
- all other foreign mail
- Keep inter-campus and outgoing stamped mail separate from metered mail.
- Please separate all mail requiring special service (i.e. Certified, Insured, Registered,
- Please make sure your department name is on the envelope. We use this information
if a question arises concerning that particular piece of mail.
- Please write legibly to avoid delays in your mail delivery.
- Letters to students need to have a class year and mailbox number.
- Letters to faculty, administrators, or staff need the recipient's department.
- If your department uses more than one account number, please be sure to attach the
appropriate Record of Mailing & Postage Allocated form indicating which account the postage is to be charged to.
- International mail over 16 ounces or sent express requires an online customs form.
Internal Distribution Form