Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, beginning in early March, and continue until the program is full. As space is limited by the size of our residence halls, students are strongly encouraged to submit their application materials in advance of early May. (The deadline for students applying for financial aid is April 15, 2013). A phone call to see if space is still available after that date is advisable.
High school students currently in their sophomore, junior or senior year are eligible to apply as either residential or day/commuter students. Current high school freshman may apply as day/commuter students only. International applicants will require a student visa to study in the United States.
How to Apply
Online application form (APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED)
- Application Fee of $40 (nonrefundable)
- Personal Statement (typed, one page minimum, stating why you choose to enroll in the program and what you hope to accomplish)
- If seeking to enroll in studio art classes, 8 – 10 color slides or photos of recent work & a Description/Summary of photos
AND, under separate cover
- Official copy of most recent high school transcript or grade report, sent to us from your high school
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who know you well - a link will be provided for you in the application confirmation email
- Financial Aid Application (if applicable - deadline April 15, 2013)
- International Student Visa Application (if applicable)
Once you complete the online application form, you will receive an email requesting
you contact your refererences with a recommendation form link, and to submit the supporting
documents, noted above, to the following address:
Office of the Dean of Special Programs
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Note: Enrollment in Calculus w/Algebra and in either of the Writing Seminars requires a placement exam, which will be made available to students who indicate on their applications that they wish to take either of these courses.