One of the best ways of making the transition to college life is through participation in one of the many Pre-Orientation Programs at Skidmore. Whether it's hiking in the Adirondacks, creating sculpture, or doing community service, there are many ways to meet students with similar interests and goals. Pre-Orientation takes place just before Orientation for all first-year students, and participation is optional.
There are a limited amount of scholarships available. To apply, please fill out this application.
For any other questions or concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-580-8338.
WE HAVE EXTENDED REGISTRATION UNTIL JULY 31.
How to Register
Registration opens on June 1, 2015, at noon EST and closes on July 15.
Please read the following information before you attempt to register for Pre-Orientation.
- Preferred browsers: Chrome or Internet Explorer. Firefox cannot be used for registration at this time.
- Verizon FIOS users: You will require alternate directions to use the registration system; see this document for details.
- Student system quick reference: This general guide should help you navigate the registration process more easily. (It is not specifically a guide to Pre-Orientation registration.)
You will register for Pre-Orientation as a summer class, and your Skidmore account will be billed directly. You will need your student username and password and the CRN# of the program in which you wish to participate.
- Find the CRN# of the course you want to register for next to the course title on the On-Campus and Off-Campus program pages.
- Log in to your student services account (have your username and password ready).
- Once you log in, hover over the Registration button and choose "add/drop classes."
- Select "Summer Term."
- Enter the CRN# of your program.
- Click on "submit changes."
If you were given a scholarship, that will automatically be reflected in your bill.
Once you have registered you can expect to hear from our Pre-orientation Coordinator mid/end of July regarding specifics.
All first-year students attending a Pre-Orientation program need to arrive on campus on the morning of Thursday, September 3, 2015, to check in to their assigned student housing.
No first-year students are allowed to check in prior to Thursday, September 3, 2015!
- Students participating in off-campus programs will check in between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Students participating in on-campus programs will check in between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Visit the Orientation site to find schedules for your first day of Orientation.
There will be a parent Orientation program on September 3, 2015. Please see your first-year packets for more information or visit the First Year Experience web pages.