One of the best ways of making the transition to college life is through participation in one of the many Pre-Orientation Programs at Skidmore. Whether it's hiking in the Adirondacks, creating sculpture, or doing community service, there are many ways to meet students with similar interests and goals. Pre-Orientation takes place just before Orientation for all first-year students, and participation is optional.
There are a limited amount of scholarships available. To apply, please fill out this application.
For any other questions or concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-580-8338.
How to Register
Registration opens on June 1, 2015, at noon EST and closes on July 15.
Please read the following information before you attempt to register for Pre-Orientation.
- Preferred browsers: Chrome or Internet Explorer. Firefox cannot be used for registration at this time.
- Verizon FIOS users: You will require alternate directions to use the registration system; see this document for details.
- Student system quick reference: This general guide should help you navigate the registration process more easily. (It is not specifically a guide to Pre-Orientation registration.)
You will register for Pre-Orientation as a summer class, and your Skidmore account will be billed directly. You will need your student username and password and the CRN# of the program in which you wish to participate.
- Find the CRN# of the course you want to register for next to the course title on the On-Campus and Off-Campus program pages.
- Log in to your student services account (have your username and password ready).
- Once you log in, hover over the Registration button and choose "add/drop classes."
- Select "Summer Term."
- Enter the CRN# of your program.
- Click on "submit changes."
If you were given a scholarship, that will automatically be reflected in your bill.
Once you have registered you can expect to hear from our Pre-orientation Coordinator mid/end of July regarding specifics.
All first-year students attending a Pre-Orientation program need to arrive on campus on the morning of Thursday, September 3, 2015, to check in to their assigned student housing.
No first-year students are allowed to check in prior to Thursday, September 3, 2015!
- Students participating in off-campus programs will check in between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Students participating in on-campus programs will check in between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Visit the Orientation site to find schedules for your first day of Orientation.
There will be a parent Orientation program on September 3, 2015. Please see your first-year packets for more information or visit the First Year Experience web pages.