Hello and welcome to the Department of Psychology at Skidmore College! Our goal is to help students understand the exciting and quickly changing field of psychological science. We provide psychology majors a foundation in experimental methodology and scientific writing early in their curriculum to prepare them for the advanced-level courses and research experiences that are critical to understanding and conducting psychological science.
Please explore our site to gain a better sense of who we are and what we are about, and feel free to contact us with any questions. Below are some examples of the opportunities that our department offers to students:
- participation in faculty research labs
- senior thesis option (two semester course)
- senior seminar option (one semester course)
- summer collaborative research with faculty
- collaboration with the neuroscience program
- clinical psychology field experience placements (juniors and seniors)
- recently revised and enhanced curriculum
- colloquium series
- Psi Chi chapter
The Psychology Curriculum
You can find out more about departmental requirements, courses, etc., on the Requirements page. The introductory course (PS101) is the course with the largest enrollment (greater than 100 in one section each year, with all other sections capped at 35 students). Upper-level courses typically have about 20 students, except for seminars, which typically have about 15 students.