- religious services
- holiday observances
- contemplative practices
- speakers and lectures
- educational programs
- discussion groups
- community service opportunities
- social justice projects
- club advising
- individual spiritual counsel
When to Contact a Chaplain
Our staff includes advisors and practitioners from different traditions and we are here to connect with students and the wider Skidmore community on topics including, but not limited to the following:
- To discuss faith, spirituality, and religion
- To connect with faith communities on or off campus
- For prayer or spiritual counsel
- To plan events on campus of religious and/or spiritual interest
- If you’re navigating a time of grief
- To talk about identity and community
- When worried about a friend or loved one
- Just to talk
The chapel is a beautiful space for worship and wonder, retreat and reflection. When not scheduled for campus events it is available to the Skidmore community for personal reflection and prayer. Events at the chapel include yoga, meditation, religious prayers and services, and events that explore many forms of spiritual and contemplative practice.
The Chapel is open from 8:00 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
Weekly Meditation, Yoga, and Prayer Opportunities at Wilson Chapel
Please check the campus events calendar for the most up-to-date times and details.
No prior experience necessary, free to the Skidmore community.
- Monday, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m., Vinyasa Flow, student led
- Tuesday, 6:25 – 8:00 p.m., Sitting meditation led by Prof. Holley Hodgins
- Thursday, 5:30 – 6:45 p.m., Vinyasa yoga, student led
- Friday, 12:30 – 1:00 p.m., Chapel open for Muslim prayer
- Friday, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., Jewish Shabbat service
- Sunday, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m., Yoga/Meditation led by Kim Beekman