Move-In, Move-Out, and Vacation Dates
2014-2015 Academic Year
|Pre Orientation Students Move In||Thurs, August 28 - 8:30am|
|New Students Arrive (Transfer & Class of 2018)||Sun, August 31 - 9:00am|
|Returning Students Arrive||Mon, September 1 - 9:00am|
|Thanksgiving Break - Halls Close||Wed, November 26 - 10:00am|
|Thanksgiving Break - Halls Open||Sun, November 30 - 2:00pm|
|Winter Break - Halls Close||Fri, December 19 - 10:00am|
|New & Transfer Students Arrive||Fri, January 16 - 9:00am|
|London Students Arrive||Sat, January 17 - 9:00am|
|Returning Students Arrive||Sun, January 18 - 9:00am|
|Spring Break - Halls Close||Sat, March 14 - 10:00am|
|Spring Break - Halls Open||Sun, March 22 - 2:00pm|
|Spring Semester Ends (All Non-Seniors Leave)||Sat, May 9 - 10:00am|
|Seniors Leave (Post Commencement)||Sun, May 17 - 10:00am|
* During Finals Week, students are expected to leave campus within 24 hours of their last exam.
** Dates & Times are subject to change.
Moving Out Information
- Seniors - final move-out for all graduating seniors is 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 17
- Non-Seniors - final move-out is 24 hours after the student's last final exam, and no later than 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 9
Important Information to Note
- Dormitory rooms and apartments need to be left in the same condition as found upon
moving in, including original furnishings assigned to the room. Students can refer
to their Room/Apartment Inspection Form for details of the original condition.
- All personal items in storage closets must be removed before move-out, or they may
be disposed of after Commencement (bicycles, etc.)
- A charge will be assessed for rooms not in original condition, or without original
furnishings (excessively dirty, room damage, extra or missing furniture.
- When packing and cleaning, please consider the Give+Go donation program for unwanted items. Donation boxes, recycling bins, and garbage dumpsters are available, as well as extra trash bags in kitchen areas.