The RIPG group sponsors a seminar for retirees and their spouses on the financial aspects of retirement led by a certified financial planner, usually during the month of March. Watch this page for scheduling and reservation details.
Post retirement seminar: Protecting Assets from Long-term Care Expenses, 3/3/2015
Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Location: Skidmore College, Upper Level Dining Hall
Presented by: David K. Carboni, Ph.D., CFP
Discussion Topics will include:
- The consequences of long-term care expenses if you fail to plan
- How to select the “right attorney” to help you navigate the world of long-term care expenses
- Long-term Care Insurance and the New York State Partnership for Long-term Care
- Hybrid Insurance Products: the New Kids on the Block
- Medicaid and the Use of Trusts
- Reverse Mortgages and Medicaid Planning
- Annuities and Medicaid Planning
To register for the program, contact Terri Mariani in Human Resources at 580-5804, via email email@example.com or register on-line by clicking here by February 20, 2015.
1 on 1 Financial Coaching Sessions, 3/4/2015
Financial Coaching is an effort to help people assume more responsibility for their financial future while providing them with the tools to do so.
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Location: Murray Aikins Dining Hall - Upper Level
Limited Number of Appointments Available
Time Slots for Day:
- 10 - 10:45 a.m.
- 10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
- 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.
- 1:45 - 2:30 p.m.
- 2:30 - 3:15 p.m.
- 3:15 - 4:00 p.m.
You will meet with Certified Financial Planner, David K. Carboni, Ph.D., CFP®
In this 45 minute Confidential Financial Coaching session you will receive information, tools, and perhaps a dose of motivation, to empower you to make better financial decisions.
Financial Coaching helps you set short-term and long-term goals and confront your financial challenges.
Though Financial Coaching does not involve investment, tax or legal advice, it does:
- Help you sharpen questions about our personal financial challenges
- Help you apply financial planning techniques to improve your finances
- Help formulate practical strategies which will have the most benefits
- Help you set financial priorities
- Help you assume more responsibility for your financial futures
Your Financial Coaching session could address any of the following topics:
- Setting up emergency funds
- Debt management
- Investment planning
- Insurance planning
- Developing viable spending plans (Budgeting)
- Basic estate planning
- Income planning
To register for the program, contact Terri Mariani in Human Resources at 580-5804, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or register on-line by clicking here. Appointments are on a first come basis.