External Facilities Rental
External organizations and individuals requesting facilities may do so only after college classes, major events, summer programs, and student events have been scheduled. For space availability contact the Scheduling office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-580-5599.
Event requests require that both space and resources be available to support the event. No food or beverage is to be served at events without the permission of Dining Services. Skidmore's Dining Services exclusively must provide catering services. See Event Planning Checklist.
Requesting space on-campus requires the requesting individual to assume Event Sponsorship Responsibilities, including but not limited to coordination of resources such as Dining Services, Media Services, Facilities and the Scheduling Office. See Event Planning Checklist.
- Facility rental fees apply to all external organizations (including not-for-profit organizations) as well as College employees and individuals using facilities for personal use. See Facility Rates.
- Organizations exempt from room charges must fall into one of three categories:
- Official Affiliation
- Indicates that Skidmore College (as an entity) is a member of the organization
- Requesting individual or department (Sponsor) is a member themselves of the organization and is representing the College *Note: Individual or department indicating that they are a Sponsor(s) will have a corresponding set of responsibilities. See Event Sponsorship Responsibilities.
- Community Service Affiliation
- Exempting the requesting organization provides a community service for Saratoga County and is consistent with good citizenship.
- Town/Gown Relationship Affiliation
- Exempting the requesting organization strengthens relations between the town and the College
- Official Affiliation
- Fees for special needs such as Food Services, Media Services, Set-up, Security, or Skidmore College staff member be present still apply regardless of exempt status.
- All external groups and individuals using college facilities must provide a certificate
of insurance to cover liability for the event. See Minimum Insurance Requirements & Sample Certificate.
- Insurance can be obtained from a homeowners insurance policy, from Skidmore's Tulip program or from other insurance companies.