Event Sponsorship Responsibilities
As a Sponsor for an event on Campus you will be responsible for the following tasks or communication with any potential Departments that might support the event. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance at Event – the Sponsor must be present at the actual event to assist with all coordination and to trouble-shoot any problems that may arise. This may require arranging or scheduling additional staff to support the event.
- Campus Safety – must be notified of all on campus events to ensure appropriate Campus Safety Staff coverage in the event of an emergency; address parking needs, arrange for access to locked rooms and securing of facilities when event completed. Contact ext 5567 or email@example.com.
- Facilities Services – should be contacted if event requires work orders for set-up, tear-down, housekeeping, additional tables and chairs, electrical, tents- you must enter a work order and/or communicate with Colleen Manning, Events Coordinator. Contact ext 5860.
- Food Service – should be contacted if the event requires food- you must communicate with Food Service prior to confirming the event. The facility may be available, but Food Service must be available to cater the event at that time. Bringing in outside caterers is not permitted due to labor contract requirements. Check the catering menu for current pricing. Contact ext. 5850.
- Media Services – should be contacted if the event requires any use of Audio-Visual equipment -you must contact Media Services to request use of equipment, request a staff member be present or to simply acknowledge you will be using the existing equipment in a room should a problem arise. Contact ext 5940.
- External Groups- please contact the Scheduling Office.
- Student Groups- are required to coordinate with the Office of Leadership Activities.