Then & Now: Seven Skidmore Alumni
April 26 - June 24, 2007
Reception: 6:30 - 7:30 pm, Thursday, April 26thArtists' Panel Discussion: April 27th, 10:30 am, Surrey Inn, North Broadway
Elena Borstein ('68), Yellow Courtyard, 2003, acrylic on canvas, 60 x 40 inches
Abigail Murray ('96), Bricks, 2003, porcelain, 60 x 26 x 25 inches
- Glenda Arentzen ('62) - jewelry; New York, NY
- Elena Borstein ('68) - paintings; New York, NY
- Joan Wadleigh Curran ('72) - drawings/paintings; Philadelphia, PA
- Josh Dorman ('88) - works on paper; Long Island City, NY
- Sandra Dovberg ('69) - metals; Albany, NY
- Beverley Mastrianni ('76) - sculpture; Saratoga Springs, NY
- Abigail Murray ('96) - ceramics; Ann Arbor, MI
A panel discussion with the alumni will take place on April 27th at 10:30 am at Skidmore campus Surrey Inn , during which the artists will talk about their career development in the field of fine art. This event is made possible through support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the Office of Career Services.
Recent works will be on display along with one piece from each artist's college days. A variety of media will be included in this exhibit: large and small-scale metal sculpture; jewelry; ceramics; acrylic, oil and mixed media paintings and drawings. These artists have received numerous awards, been widely exhibited in prestigious galleries and reviewed; several are included in major national and international museum collections including the MOMA, New York.
Josh Dorman, Sum, (detail) 2006, ink, acrylic and antique maps on wood panels, 64 x 36 inches