Resources and Information
Advisory Council on Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct (ACSGBM)
The mission of the Advisory Council on Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct (ACSGBM) is to address sexual and gender-based misconduct through creating and coordinating policies, procedures, and programming for prevention and response which reflect an expectation of effective consent, respect, and safety for all members of the Skidmore community. The ACSGBM is a collaborative group of community members who are charged with advising the President and his Cabinet on the College’s policies, procedures, and services related to sexual and gender-based misconduct. Annual reports on the progress of the Council will be delivered to the President at the close of each academic year. Specifically, the ACSGBM will work to:
- Create a positive community culture that promotes respectful interactions and safety for all.
- Promote awareness in the Skidmore College community about issues related to sexual violence.
- Review Skidmore’s Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Policy, procedures, and services to ensure compliance.
- Make updates and amendments to the Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Policy as necessary.
- Identify and implement educational opportunities and resources to educate the Skidmore community about issues related to sexual violence and Skidmore’s related policies, procedures and services.
- Identify and implement training for the members of the Advisory Council, Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Hearing Board, Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Advisors, and Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Investigators.
Advisory Council Members
- Mariel Martin, Title IX Deputy Coordinator, chair
- W. Rochelle Calhoun, Title IX Coordinator
- David Karp, Associate Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Student Conduct
- Erin Dagle, Assistant Director of Student Conduct and SGBM Investigator
- Patricia Rubio, Associate Dean of the Faculty for Faculty Development, Personnel, and Diversity
- Julia Routbort, Director of the Counseling Center
- Patty Bosen, Director of Health Services
- Jen McDonald, Director of Health Promotion/Victim Advocate
- Michelle Murray, Assistant Director of Health Promotion/Victim Advocate
- Dennis Conway, Director of Campus Safety
- Herb Crossman, Assistant Director for Equal Employment Opportunity and Workforce Diversity
- Sexual Misconduct Advisor for Responding Students, To Be Determined
- Ray Skyer '17, Center for Sex and Gender Relations Head Peer Advocate
- Soraya Attia '15, SGA willingness-to-serve position