Skidmore Cares campus "cheerleaders" for 2012. To the far left are Phil and Marie Glotzbach.
New for 2012
Key Changes to This Year’s Skidmore Cares Program
- In the past, our Open House has always taken place on a weekend, and this year we are moving it to a Friday – December 7th – from 3:00 to 8:00 PM. We hope that you and your co-workers will be able to celebrate the season and our shared community with us on your way home from work.
- Friday, December 7th will be designated Skidmore Cares Friday.
- The Open House will be the reception following the faculty meeting on December 7.
- Retirees will be invited to attend any time that is most convenient for them.
- Where possible, we are encouraging supervisors to excuse their staff members early, and we anticipate that many folks will wish to come in groups as you finish your workday.
- As always, family members and out-of-town guests are welcome, and there will be supervised activities for children in the Carriage House.
- We encourage you to share in the spirit of giving associated with the holiday season by participating in Skidmore Cares, a program through which we can all lend a helping hand to others. Skidmore Cares was created to give more meaning to our gathering as a campus community by collecting food and school supplies to be distributed to local agencies.
- Collection of canned goods and school supplies will happen on Skidmore Cares Friday only, and all donations will be collected at Scribner House. There will be no on-campus collection of donations.
- You will be able to drop off your donations at the Scribner House Carriage House or in the sleigh that will be parked on the Scribner House front lawn.
- In the case of overflow parking, we recommend that you park in the Zankel Music Center lot and walk on the path through the woods to Woodlawn.
- We welcome you to use of the back door, especially if you are dropping children or donations off in the Carriage House.