Students desiring departmental honors in sociology must meet the requisite grade-point average, receive a grade of at least A- in
ALPHA KAPPA DELTA, the international sociology honor society, encourages and recognizes academic achievement in sociology. Founded in 1920, the society has over 300 chapters at colleges and universities throughout the world. Eligibility requirements for membership in Alpha Kappa Delta include:
1. a major in sociology, a self-determined major closely related to sociology, or a minor in sociology;
2. completion of at least four sociology courses;
3. a GPA of 3.400 or higher in sociology courses;
4. a cumulative GPA of 3.300 or higher in all college courses; and
5. a class status of junior or senior.