Who are SSCP Clients?
SSCP clients are local businesses, arts organizations, social enterprises and non-profits
who are committed to gaining strategic insight and who are eager to step back from
day-to-day operations and crises to look at the big strategic picture of their business
or organization. SSCP clients value this unique opportunity to look at their competition,
their customers, their competitive advantages, their brand, their future – using strategic
frameworks and techniques employed by the most prestigious consulting firms and proven
SSCP clients can be start-up, emergent or long-established enterprises. What clients share in common is an excitement about looking at their future from new perspectives with new tools and new eyes. SSCP is committed to being a consultancy – not an internship program, so it is essential that clients be equally committed to working and learning with the student consultants. Please see below for a list of specific expectations of our selected clients.*
- The Saratoga Film Forum Facebook
- Javier's Nuevo Latino Restaurant Facebook
- Peabody's Sports Bar Facebook
Additional Expectations of Clients
- All client information is treated as confidential. A Non Disclosure Agreement is signed by all students. A company NDA can be signed if necessary. Relevant financial and other company data needs to be available to the student consultants and will, of course, be covered by the NDA.
- The client must commit to having a decision-maker/contact person who will attend scheduled weekly one-hour meetings and will engage with the student consultants throughout the semester by phone, email, etc. The weekly meetings can be held at the client’s office, if preferred, or on campus, or, when necessary, can be Skyped conference calls with the team.
- Timely feedback from the client to the students is expected as the teams present interim components of the strategic plan, mid-term reports, etc. This engagement and active iteration result in the most valuable final consulting reports.
- Clients are expected to be available for and participate in the assessment of the final presentation by the student consultants at the end of the semester.
- Clients need to recognize that SSCP is not an internship program, but a consultancy. This is not an opportunity to have some students help check-off some tasks on the client’s day-to-day to-do list.