Dance Workshop Tuition and Fees
Application fees will not be refunded.
Because faculty and staff salary commitments must be made in advance and the costs of plant operations are fixed, the College must follow a very limited refund policy. Details of this policy as it relates to tuition, room, and board follow. Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Program Director or the Dean of Special Programs.
If Skidmore College cancels a program, all fees will be refunded.
- Tuition payments (less non-refundable deposit) will be refunded if requested, in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 100% of the room fee will be refunded if the student decides not to attend Skidmore and so notifies the Program Director thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 50% of the room fee will be refunded if withdrawal from the program occurs after this time and before the program begins.
- The room fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws on or after the first day of the program.
- 100% of the board fee will be refunded prior to the program start date.
- Withdrawal from the College after the start of any program shall entitle the student to a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of the board fee from the date of withdrawal.
High school graduates, matriculated college students, and non-traditional students
may register at no additional charge for three semester hours of undergraduate credit
from Skidmore College. Applicants who choose this option should register for undergraduate
credit; the course designation is DM351/352 (Modern/Advanced). Students are expected
to comply with Skidmore’s academic policies.
Qualified workshop participants can earn up to three semester hours of graduate credit through the College’s Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program. Graduate study is a self-directed activity, under the supervision of the dance residency faculty, and will include independent study. An official transcript conferring a bachelor’s degree and an additional fee of $350 is required. Students currently enrolled in a graduate-level program may want to investigate whether these credits apply toward completion of their degrees.
For more information, please consult the Skidmore College Catalog.