2015 Visiting Artists
Featured Visiting Artist: Paula Wilson
We are very excited that our Summer Studio Art Programs' Visiting Artist will be Paula Wilson. Paula will be in residence on campus July 20-24, 2015.
Paula Wilson was born in Chicago, IL. She now lives in Carrizozo, NM. Paula received her BFA from Washington University, St. Louis, MO, and her MFA from Columbia University in 2005.
Paula Wilson has been featured in group and solo exhibitions throughout the United
States and Europe, including: Solo Undress, Center for Contemporary Arts, Spector
Ripps Project Space, Santa Fe, NM; Studio Museum in Harlem; Sikkema Jenkins & Co.,
NY; Bellwether Gallery, NY; Fred Snitzer Gallery, Miami, FL; The Fabric Workshop and
Museum, Philadelphia, PA; Johan Berggren Gallery, Sweden; and Zacheta National Gallery
of Art, Warsaw.
Her work is in the collections of the Studio Museum Harlem, Yale University Art Gallery, Moore College of Art and Design, Saatchi Gallery, and the Fabric Workshop and Museum.
Paula's recent teaching residencies include:
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, 2013
- The Roswell Museum and Art Center, Second Saturday, Roswell, NM, 2013
- Ox-Bow School of Art, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Saugatuck, Michigan, 2013
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 2012
- Visiting Lecturer, The City College of New York, New York, NY, 2011
- Visiting Lecturer, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston, MA, 2011
For more information and images of Paula's artwork, visit her website and her current project website.