The application for the 2014 SITI Summer Theater Workshop is now closed. Please consider applying to the program next summer. Thank you.
Please read this ENTIRE PAGE for instructions on how to apply before continuing on to the online application. If you have further questions, please contact our office at 518-580-5596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
SITI Applicants will be required to submit:
- a completed online application
- $40 application fee
- resume (limited to two pages) (pdf preferred)
- Essay responses to six questions (pdf preferred)
- Have you previously applied to the SITI Summer Theater Workshop?
- Why are you applying to the SITI program as opposed to any other theater training program?
- Describe your experience and training up until now.
- Describe your future.
- What and who have been important sources of inspiration for your work?
- SITI's training is rigorous and physically challenging. All students are expected to fully participate and perform in all classes and rehearsals (7 days a week). Is there anything regarding your health or physical condition that would prevent you from fully participating in the workshop?
All required supplemental material will be uploaded to your online application. Please make sure you have the attachments ready and in the correct format prior to starting the online application process.
- Please make sure the file name of your attachments contain NO SPACES and must have your full name and item uploading, example: JohnSmithphoto.jpg
- Uploads should be in the following format and be no larger than 100MB each.
- Document: .DOC; .DOCX; .PDF; .TXT
- Images: .JPG; .GIF; .BMP; .PNG
- Please do not send additional supplemental materials.
The application deadline is March 15, 2014 (applications must be submitted by the end of the day on March 15th to be considered)
Application review will begin immediately following the application deadline. It is
expected that applicants will be notified via e-mail on or before April 1 and a wait
list for entrance to the program will be established. If an accepted candidate cannot
participate in the program as expected, another applicant will be accepted from the
wait list. For a number of reasons (injury, family emergency, etc.) this may happen
at any time prior to the start of the Workshop.
Please do not call the office to inquire about your status in the program or placement on the wait list – you will be notified immediately by e-mail and/or phone and then by mail if a place in the Workshop becomes available.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student
visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa.
If you are an international student applying to the summer program please click here.