Please read this entire page for instructions on how to apply before continuing on to the online application.
Application Deadline: We are no longer accepting applications for 2016. Please consider us again for next year.
Application review will begin immediately following the application deadline. It is expected that applicants will be notified via e-mail on or before April 8 and a wait list for entrance to the program will be established. If an accepted candidate cannot participate in the program as expected, another applicant will be accepted from the wait list. For a number of reasons (injury, family emergency, etc.) this may happen at any time prior to the start of the Workshop. Please do not call the office to inquire about your status in the program or placement on the wait list. Thank you.
Eligibility: Pre-professional and professional theater artists will be required to submit:
- A completed online application
- A $60 application fee
- Headshot/photo (.jpeg)
- Resume (limited to 2 pages, .pdf file preferred)
- Essay responses to six questions below (.pdf file preferred)
- Have you previously applied to the SITI Summer Theater Workshop?
- Why are you applying to the SITI program as opposed to any other theater training program?
- Describe your experience and training up until now.
- Describe your future.
- What and who have been important sources of inspiration for your work?
- SITI's training is rigorous and physically challenging. All students are expected to fully participate and perform in all classes and rehearsals (7 days a week). Is there anything regarding your health or physical condition that would prevent you from fully participating in the workshop?
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa. If you are an international student applying to the summer program, please view International Student Visa Info.