Cafe Variations photo by Michael Brosilow
Tuition, Fees, College Credit and ScholarshipsA non-refundable application fee of $40 is required to apply.
Tuition for the 2015 four-week workshop is $2,160 (Undergraduate and Non-Credit). Room and board on campus is $1,736. The workshop may also be taken for three semester hours of graduate-level credit for an additional $350 above the Tuition Fee. Room without board is not available.
Requests for assistance are due with the application to the workshop (deadline for
submissions is March 31, 2015).
The SITI Summer Workshop has a limited number of scholarships for students with promise who might not otherwise be able to attend the Workshop. Approximately 6 scholarships averaging $500 each will be awarded in the form of tuition remission.
To apply for a scholarship, please fax the following materials to Deb Amico at (518) 580-5548 at the time you submit your application. Requests MUST be received by the application due date in order to be considered.
- A letter requesting scholarship assistance. Please describe your financial situation and note any unusual family circumstance or other facts you want us to consider. Estimate the amount of time and money you spent on your training and career in the last year. Tell us the amount of money you are requesting for this workshop.
- A copy of pages 1 and 2 of your most recent federal tax return (this information must be provided unless you are an international student). If you are an international student please tell us your country of origin and provide proof of your annual income.
All scholarship applications will be considered on an individual basis. Requests for financial aid will not affect admission decisions.
Application fees will not be refunded.
Because faculty and staff salary commitments must be made in advance and the costs of plant operations are fixed, the College must follow a very limited refund policy. Details of this policy as it relates to tuition, room, and board follow. Appeals for refunds due to extenuating circumstances may be made in writing to the Program Director or the Dean of Special Programs.
If Skidmore College cancels a program all fees will be refunded.
- Tuition payments (less non-refundable $500 deposit) will be refunded if requested,
in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- Tuition payments (less non-refundable $500 deposit) will be refunded if requested, in writing, thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 100% of the room fee will be refunded if the student decides not to attend Skidmore and so notifies the Program Director thirty (30) days prior to the program start date.
- 50% of the room fee will be refunded if withdrawal from the program occurs after this time and before the program begins.
- The room fee will not be refunded if the student withdraws on or after the first day
of the program.
- 100% of the board fee will be refunded prior to the program start date.
- Withdrawal from the College after the start of any program shall entitle the student to a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of the board fee from the date of withdrawal.
Undergraduate and Graduate Credit
High school graduates, matriculated college students, and adults may register at no
additional charge for three (3) semester hours of undergraduate credit from Skidmore
College. The course designation is TH304 (Special Studies in Acting). For more information
please consult the Skidmore College Catalog. Students registering for credit will
be expected to comply with Skidmore's academic policies.
In cooperation with the college's Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program, post-baccalaureate workshop participants may earn up to three (3) semester hours of graduate credit in Theater Special Studies. Graduate study is a self-directed activity, under the supervision of SITI Company members, and may include independent study and a written or oral project. An official transcript conferring a bachelor's degree is required. Students currently enrolled in a graduate-level program may want to investigate whether these credits will apply toward completion of their degree.