The Surrey Williamson Inn is listed on the National Register as part of the North Broadway Historic District. Originally named the Broadview Lodge, this English Tudor-style house, built between 1916 and 1918, was later known as the Surrey Inn, and for three years in the 1940s it was the Brown School for Boys.
Broadview, built as a private home, has 21 rooms (12 with full baths), a glassed-in breakfast porch, and a wide double staircase off the entranceway. The original site plan included the private home, garage and chauffeur's apartment, superintendent's cottage, and farm building.
The former garage and chauffeur's apartment, later known as the Surrey Cottage, are today the College's Eissner Admissions Center.The superintendent's Cottage, known as Overlook Cottage, today is the College's Alumni Welcome Center and is renamed Colton House.
For additional information - please contact:
Dawn J. Aria
Surrey Williamson Innkeeper
Surrey Williamson Inn at Skidmore College
815 North Broadway · Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Office Phone: 518.580.5687 or 580.5497