Rules and Regulations
The "Skidmore College CTM Video Contest" commences on Tuesday, October 15, 2013, at 8:30 a.m. (Eastern Time) and concludes on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at midnight (Eastern Time), hereafter referred to as the "contest period." All entries must be submitted by the contest deadline. Late entries will not be eligible for awards.
Contest Managers and Judges
Contest managers are from the Skidmore College Office of Communications. Judges are selected each contest year, and are subject to change. Please email us with any questions.
- Tom Lewis - Professor of English
- Vickie Riley - Digital Resources Content Producer at the Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum & Art Galley
The contest is open to current Skidmore students. Each student/team of students is allowed one prize winner per category and must submit a signed release form upon entering the competition. Forms may be downloaded here and submitted to the office of communications in Case Center.
- Videos must be no more than six (6) minutes, including credits. We strongly urge you to submit videos that are less than five minutes.
- All entries must be the original work of the student and must adhere to all copyright laws.
- Entries can be previously produced work for a course at Skidmore but must meet the length requirements stated above.
- Videos with animation are acceptable.
- Submit a data CD or DVD of your video and the Official Entry Form, with the name of your video as uploaded, by midnight (EST) on the closing day (Tuesday, March 18, 2014) of the contest to the Office of Communications in Case Center. Entrants must read and agree to all contest rules and criteria prior to submission.
- Entries can also be submitted online via Dropbox. E-mail us the Dropbox. Please be sure to include the Official Entry Form.
- Entries must not be inappropriate, indecent, or obscene as determined by the Contest Committee.
- Videos must be in .avi, .flv or .mov format. You may choose to submit your video in multiple formats if you desire.
- CD or DVD submissions should not be formatted with any additional software, and should only contain the video submission.
- One entry per DVD or CD.
Videos that do not satisfy all the foregoing criteria will not be considered in the contest, even if they are submitted before the submission deadline.
Places We Live, Places We Love
The submitted video should capture the places around campus where you live, study, eat, hang out, and work. And show us what you love about Saratoga Springs, from its lakes, parks and history to its amazing downtown. Eligibility will be based on the following criteria: video quality, visual appeal, appropriateness, creativity, and depiction of the College. The decision of the contest judges and managers is final and there shall be no appeal. The winning video(s), as well as strong non-winners, will be featured in online publications, during recruitment visits, and potentially featured in Skidmore ad campaigns.
As the submitted videos will be posted online and viewed by various members of the community, including prospective students and their families, all videos submitted must be free of any inappropriate language and/or sexual content. All videos will be reviewed by the contest managers prior to being placed online. If any video is deemed inappropriate by the contest managers, that video will be declared ineligible. Prize-winning videos will be used in, but not limited to, Skidmore College’s website and recruitment advertisements. The contest managers will be responsible for awarding the prizes to the winning entrants. The contest managers reserve the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if the original prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
- 1st Prize: $700
- 2nd Prize: $500
- 3rd Prize: $300
All videos submitted, whether as a winning entry or not, will become the property of Skidmore College and may be used, published or republished, in whole or in part, royalty free, in any printed or electronic media and in promotional material, including recruitment and online publications. By sending your videos in for consideration, you provide Skidmore College with exclusive ownership of the video.
All entrants must, at the time of submission, be the sole authors and owners of the copyright of all videos entered into the contest. Upon entry, all rights in and to the videos become the exclusive property of Skidmore College, including all intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyright. Skidmore College has the right to use the video as it chooses, including the right to use the video, or any portion of that video, in Skidmore College printed or online publications. Skidmore College reserves the right to alter the video in any manner deemed necessary for use in any promotional pieces.
All entries must be original, unpublished, and created solely by the submitting entrant(s) and not violate the intellectual property rights, copyright, or right of property of any third party. Copyrighted materials will not be accepted unless specific permission for the use of such material can be shown. Videos which have been entered into other contests, or have been published elsewhere (newspapers, magazines, online, etc.) are not eligible.
All entrants are required to produce release forms upon submission of their video.
A release form is available by clicking here and downloading a pdf file, and must be filled out by any individual appearing in
the submitted video. Any video submitted without release forms shall be ineligible for consideration by
the contest managers. Please return forms to the Office of Communications, Case Center.