Informz Help Documentation
Send to Winner on A/B testing
When doing A/B testing, Informz has the option to do "A/B Send to Winner". Using these feature, you create a regular A/B Test mailing. Then you set a percentage of subscribers who will receive the A version and the B version. Those smaller subsets are sent and checked, and the version that gets the best response wins. Then the remaining subscribers will all be sent the winning version.
Any of the A/B Testing categories can be used in the test, and 4 different categories can be checked: Highest Open Rate, Highest Click Rate, Highest Delivery Rate, and Lowest Unsubscribe Rate.
Very simplified directions for using this feature:
Set up A/B testing
- On the mailing designer page, click the “Setup” tab.
- Under Properties, A/B testing, choose a variety to test.
- Subject line is the most common, and the properties for that are on the Setup Tab.
- Test one story is the next most common (for testing buttons against one another), the checkbox for that is on the individual story when editing.
- Click Save.
Schedule the mailing for delivery
- On the mailing designer page, Click the “Send” tab.
- Click “Schedule Mailing”
- Under Schedule Option, choose your schedule option (deliver once/daily/monthly/triggered), and fill in the date/time if applicable.
Configure the “Send to Winner” feature
- Under Delivery Method, choose “Send to Winner”
- Use the drop down to choose an initial percentage to send to test the two subject lines.
- Click the blank box to get a date/time picker to schedule the delivery of the rest of the emails.
- Use the drop down to choose a metric to use to determine which subject line “wins”.
- Click “Yes” to schedule the mailing.
- April 24th Release Notes
- Scheduling a "Send to Winner" Mailing
- Subject Lines blog posts from Informz
- How to do A/B split testing