OU Beginning User Training
There are two ways to complete OU training. You must complete one or the other version before you are given a login to OU Campus. If you request a login before completing training, it will not be given until after training is completed.
|There is no advance sign-up for online training sessions.|
Student Worker Access to OU Campus
- Student workers are welcome to take training sessions, but the faculty or staff administrator
will be responsible for providing direct supervision and assistance. Ideally, the
faculty/staff administrator will already be familiar with OU Campus.
- The faculty/staff administrator must contact Jon Volks (email@example.com) and Melissa Haas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short request for student access and what work the student will be doing
- the beginner class may not cover all necessary training.
- Student accounts are valid for one semester only - you must renew them each semester or they are deleted.
Training for OU Campus
Step 1: Attend a Training Tuesday or watch a recorded session.
If you watched a recorded session, complete the quiz to show proficiency.
Step 2: Request your login. No logins are assigned until a training session is complete.
Method 1: Training Tuesday webinar
You will need a computer to attend, and you will need to be able to install WebEx software onto your computer as needed. See below for system requirements.
You may need a long distance code to dial in, if your computer does not provided sound
(although a toll-free number is provided.) If you do not have a long distance code,
consult with your supervisor or department head.
- All sessions will be recorded for use as training materials! Session recordings are
- Sessions are scheduled for 2 hours, but rarely run that long. The question and answer
session at the end is optional.
- It is recommended that you log in 10 minutes before the session begins, in order to
be sure your browsers and settings are compatible. See below for specifications.
- If you have issues with connection, you can consult with the IT Help Desk.
Method 2: Recorded session with quiz
1) Watch the video
You will need a computer able to play videos through an internet connection, and able to provide sound through speakers or headphones.
2) After watching the video: