2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
Presidents Society Chair Volunteer Position
The Presidents Society (PS) Chair is a class representative who serves as the primary
fundraising volunteer for soliciting leadership level gifts for the Skidmore Fund
in partnership with the Advancement Office.
- Lead the way! Set an example and make a PS level gift or pledge annually.
- Author PS fundraising letters in the fall and spring with support of Skidmore Fund staff.
- Select 8-10 classmates annually whom you’ll personally ask to make a PS level commitment.
- Use the online fundraising tool to track your progress and report your outreach results.
- Participate in periodic conference calls and/or webinars.
- Thank donors.
- Participate in Reunion planning during your Reunion.
- Optional: Use social media to engage your classmates, share news about Skidmore, and encourage giving. Help us stay at the top of news feeds!
- Let us know if your classmates are up to anything of note. We’re always looking for alumni stories to highlight and share.
- Average three to five hours each month from September through May.
Presidents Society Advancement Council
The Presidents Society Advancement Council is a group of committed alumni volunteers
who are charged with carrying out the tradition of leadership, investment, and confidence
in Skidmore by serving as liaisons between the Presidents Society program and the
College’s leadership donors. The Advancement Council is comprised of an Executive
Committee, a Young Alumni Executive Committee, and the general council at large. All
Presidents Society Chairs are granted membership on the Advancement Council at large.
The mission of the Presidents Society Advancement Council is to serve as advocates and representatives of the Presidents Society program, and to contribute to its overall direction, success, and policies. Advancement Council members raise funds at the leadership level and provide support, oversight, and guidance for Presidents Society Class Chairs and volunteers sharing the common objective to maximize financial support and raising sights to enhance giving into the future.
For more information about volunteering contact Alison Hart at 518-580-5676.